University of Belgrade – Faculty of Architecture and UrbanLAB invite you to participate in 5th International Academic Conference “Places and Technologies 2018″, with topic Keeping up with technologies to adapt cities for future challenges. Conference will be held at the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade on April 26-27, 2018.
The conference examines the formation and presentation of knowledge on technologies and the environment, as well as ethical considerations and potential risks, developing solutions, expertise and discussions with respect to one of the future development concepts – city adaptable to future challenges.
“Keeping up with technologies to adapt cities for future challenges” is the leading idea-motive of the conference. The stated objective point to the necessity of a multidisciplinary approach to this matter, identification and establishment of relationships between issues of technological development, environmental protection, and social change. Consequently, the conference program and research are based on the knowledge of several academic disciplines: engineering and technical sciences, humanities and social sciences.
Abstract submission is possible till December 01, 2017.
Participants from organising faculties participate with preferential fees.
Conference: Places and Technologies 2017
3rd International Academic Conference: Places and Technologies 2016
International Conference EAHN2015 Belgrade: Intertwined Histories – Multiple Geographies
The main tasks of the conference are defined in order to discuss the issues related to:
• the future of society and places,
• creation of city adaptable to future challenges, creation of its facilities and infrastructure in line with needs of inhabitants,
• planning and design strategies to help our cities develop the necessary capacity to meet the challenges of the future,
• development of institutions and regulations with an aim of creating safe, sustainable, efficient, imageable and liveable environment, and
• creation of favourable conditions for the advancement of innovation and business to achieve a good quality of life.
Having in mind the conference goals and objectives, we wish to research and understand from the critical aspect the importance and role of technology in design and creation of adaptable city through the following domains:
• Urban design
• Urban planning
• Industrial and architectural design
• Architectural and building technologies
• Cognitive studies
• Urban sociology
• History and philosophy of technology and places
• Innovation studies
• Geodetic studies and contemporary cartography
• Traffic and transportation studies
• Safety and security studies
• Prof. Dr. Uta Pottgiesser, Professor at the University of Antwerp, Faculty of Design Sciences, Belgium
• Prof. Dr. Aspa Gospodini, Professor at the Department of Planning and Regional Development, University of Thessaly, Greece
• Prof. Dr. Lennon Choy, Professor at the University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Architecture, Real Estate Economics and Finance, Hong Kong
• Prof. Dipl. Ing. Matthias Rudolph, Professor of Building Technology in the Department of Architecture at the Academy of Art and Design Stuttgart / Transsolar KlimaEngineering, Germany
• Dr Stamatios Zoras, Assistant Professor at Democritus University of Thrace – School of Engineering, Xanthi, Greece
• Krunoslav Ivanišin, Founder of the Ivanišin-Kabaši Architects, Dubrovnik, Croatia